Keeping Your Membership Active
At Priority Trust Credit Union (formerly Plus4 Credit Union + Houston Metropolitan Federal Credit Union), we understand accounts go unused for many different reasons. You may have moved, changed jobs, or you may have simply forgotten you had an account with us. While we hope you continue utilizing our services, we want you to be aware of how an account can become dormant, which eventually leads to funds and/or possessions being escheated to the State of Texas Unclaimed Property Division.
If your account has been inactive for an extended period of time, we must abide by the escheat statute enacted by the state legislature. Any funds from an account that has been deemed dormant must be sent to the Texas State Comptroller.
This money isn’t lost but is difficult to access. To reclaim it, you must complete numerous forms and wait several weeks while your request is processed. It’s much harder than visiting your credit union! You may already have funds escheated by the State of Texas.
What can you do to prevent your account from going dormant?
- Set up direct deposit. Have your entire check deposited or just a portion of it. Either way, it’s considered activity.
- Use your debit or credit card
- Finance your next loan with us, regular payments are considered account activity
- Conduct regular transactions on your account or at minimum, once a year
- Keep your contact information updated with us
My account is dormant. What can I do?
- Call our Call Center at (713) 970–6200 and request to have your account activated
- Stop by any branch location and request to have your account activated
- Complete and submit the online account activation form